Note: You can’t connect to an Android device with an iOS device. So please don’t ask.
Let’s say you and your friends want to play together on Minecraft: Pocket Edition, but you’re in the car or in a place with no WiFi connection. If you and your friends are using Android devices (phones and tablets), you can make your own network with Bluetooth. Here’s how to do it:
Instructions for the host:
If you have a phone plan with data and you don’t want you or your friends to use up your data, turn off data or put your phone into Airplane Mode.
- On the device that will be hosting the Minecraft PE game, go to the Settings application and switch on Bluetooth.
- Under Wireless & Networks, tap ‘More…’, ‘Tethering & portable hotspot’, and tap ‘Bluetooth Tethering’ to turn it on.
- Go back to the main Settings, tap ‘Bluetooth’, and tap your device’s name at the top to make your device visible to everyone around you.
- Finally, open Minecraft PE and start up a world. Make sure Local Multiplayer is on in the Minecraft settings!
Instructions for players:
- Go to the Settings application, tap ‘Bluetooth’, and tap ‘Search for Devices’.
- When you see your friend’s device, tap it. Both players should get an alert asking to pair with eachother’s device. Tap pair.
- The player should be able to join the host’s world.
- Only the host (the one who created the Bluetooth tether) can host the world. If someone else wants to host their world, they have to start tethering from their device.
- If a player’s device doesn’t detect the host’s Minecraft world on the network, the player needs to go to Settings > Bluetooth > Tap on the host’s device > Make sure “Internet Access” is checked.
- Bluetooth connections are not as strong as a WiFi connection, and the more players you have the more lag will be visible. Try having all devices on the network turn off WiFi to get a better connection.
- If the host can’t turn on Bluetooth tethering or can’t see an option for it, try installing this app.
If you have any problems, feel free to leave a comment down below.