Mojang seems to be slacking when it comes to updating Minecraft for the Kindle Fire. As you may know, the Kindle uses it’s own app store. Even though the big update has come out for Android and iPhone, Kindle users are giving the app 1 star reviews due to their inability to play with their friends or take advantage of the new update. But Powered by Redstone is here to help, with a full tutorial on how to install Minecraft PE 0.7.1 on the Fire.
- An Android device (not your Kindle) that is rooted. Rooting is a process that gives applications full access to the root partition of your Android device. If your device is not rooted, go a Google search for ‘root [your device name] tutorial’ to find out how.
- A paid copy of Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.7.1 for Android. This has to be installed on the rooted Android device.
- A file manager on the rooted device, like ES File Manager.
- The free app Titanium Backup installed on the rooted device.
Backing up Minecraft
- Open Titanium Backup and tap the Backup/Restore tab.
- Find Minecraft on the list and tap it.
- Tap the big button that says ‘Backup!’. When it’s done, you can close Titianium Backup.
- Find the ‘TitaniumBackup’ folder on your internal Android storage. Inside is the backup of Minecraft that ends in ‘.apk’.
- Send the apk file to your Kindle somehow. Email, USB, cloud storage, and swapping SD cards are some ways.
Installing Minecraft on your Kindle
- On your Kindle, go to the app store and download ES File Manager.
- From the home screen, click the settings gear in the top bar and click More. Then switch ‘Allow Installation of Applications’ to ON.
- Transfer the APK of Minecraft Pocket Edition to your Kindle using a USB cable or another connection.
- Open ES File Manager on your Kindle, and go to the ‘sdcard’ folder and then to wherever you saved the APK to.
- You should see the Minecraft apk. Tap on it, and then tap install.
- Congratulations, you now have the latest version of Minecraft on your Kindle!
Let us know if you got stuck somewhere and we might be able to help. We cannot give you an APK of Minecraft or link to it.